- This event has passed.
Help Us Move to the New Furniture Bank!
December 27, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until December 29, 2021
We are joining forces with The Furniture Project, to create Omaha’s first centralized Furniture Bank! We are moving our Community Donation Center to an 18,000 square foot warehouse at 10808 J Street, Omaha, NE, 68137, and we need YOUR help as we move! There are many ways that you can help:
- Disassembling shelving
- Reassembling shelving at the new location
- Packing donations into boxes and totes
- Moving furniture onto the moving truck
- Cleaning up our current space
- Helping unload he truck at the new donation center location
Join us on:
- Monday, December 27th 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Tuesday, December 28th 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Wednesday, December 29th 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Monday, January 3rd 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Tuesday, January 4th 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Wednesday, January 5th 9:00am to 12:00pm
Please note: this volunteer opportunity is hands on and involves heavy lifting, organizing and building. For these reasons, we suggest that volunteers be 12 years of age or older.
Sign up via this calendar (Can’t see the calendar? Click here)