Please note: this is an INACTIVE page. To read more about Restoring Dignity’s journey of building a furniture bank, please click here.
The most received question we receive via email is, “Can you accept this?” Sometimes it’s easier to answer the question by stating what we do NOT accept. Here is our list of items we are NOT able to accept. If an item is not on this list, then it’s most likely OK to donate!
Items We Do Not Accept
- Clothing / Shoes
- Toys / Stuffed Animals
- Riding toys / Bikes
- Used cribs
- Baby swings
- Headboards and Footboards
- Adult level reading books / Cookbooks
- China cabinets/hutches
- Curio cabinets
- Large / XL entertainment centers
- Oversized furniture (if it cannot fit through a doorway, it’s oversized)
- Large appliances (except refrigerators)
- Captain’s beds
- Furniture with multiple pieces that have to be assembled (ie. beds, large desks, etc.)
- Empty picture frames
- Artwork smaller than 8in x 10in
- Used sewing machines
- Used car seats
- Used plastic of any kind- tupperware, travel mugs/cups, water bottles
- Used backpacks / luggage
- Seasonal / Holiday decorations
- Medical equipment (wheelchairs, handicap equipment, etc)
- Window blinds
- Drinkware for alcohol
- Candles and candle holders
We created a visual guide called “Give This, Not That,” that we would encourage you to check out too!
Thank you for supporting Restoring Dignity, and for ensuring that we are providing quality items to the families that visit our furniture bank!